8 Tips for Travelling with a preschooler!
8 TIPS FOR TRAVELLING WITH A PRESCHOOLER
Travelling with a 3 years old is not that bad. Really! We have been travelling around the Philippines for a while now and I came up with these awesome tips to make it a little bit easier on you, your little one, and everyone else around you! These are trips for short flights around 45minutes - 3 hour long flights! Let's get to it!
1. Bring their favorite item/thing/stuffed toy! Do if you don't want to hear them cry about it the whole flight. Monkey is always present!
2. Let her draw something. Having paper and pen is a must! It's a great way to past time.
3. Bring an Ipad. This seriously just makes everything so much easier. I hardly let her play, but when we're in these type of situations It's just nice to have at least as a last resort. of course Frozen is always on.
4. If you didn't bring anything then play with the magazines or safety cards in the seat pockets. We played iSpy with the images in the magazine and for the safety cards I would let her explain to me what it meant and she comes up with the wildest and funniest things.
5. Make sure that your diaper bag is ready for a bottle or a snack. Mimi usually asks for something to eat or drink during the flight. When they chew something it helps prevent the ear popping feeling.
6. Parents need to wear something comfortable. Trust me, you don't need to wear the highest of heels while taking a flight. Wear flats. The little one needs to wear something that can be taken off easily like garter pants and shorts or a dress that can be pulled up easily for easy access to the bathroom.
7. Have a check in bag! Seriously it is not fun carrying your bag pack or trolly and holding your kid in the other hand. It is no bueno. No fun and just makes it hard!
8. Last, but not least Chill! Let her have fun at the waiting area. Let her sip her chocolate. Let her make friends and trust me it is okay to let them run around in a specific area where people won't get annoyed of little children running around. Some airports have play areas for kids and some don't. I would actually add the bags around an area and say that if she goes out of the area she looses. And she just stays there. I'm bummed I didn't get to take photos, but I will on our next flight.
Pin this!? :)
Am I missing something?