A Guide to Osmena Peak
Another adventure crossed of my bucket list! Conquered Osmena Peak! Now, I have been hearing a lot about this place and so I had to go there. It's nice to have friends that are down for some adventures! Osmena is known to have the highest peak in Cebu City. So I expected it to be really tiring to go up, but to my surprise it really wasn't hard at all. You can be a novice hiker and do it. Heck you don't even have to be a hiker at all. It was a nice workout. It took us about 30-45 minutes to get there from the base. The place is a bit chilly so you can wear long sleeves if you want. You can see a lot of vegetation going on. Some Cabbage, onions, beans, I would name more, but I don't know my vegetables lol...
- Take a bus ride from South Bus Terminal going towards Oslob or Bato. It will cost about 180 per person. It took us 3 hours to get there. Since it was our first time we asked the conductor where to stop and he said at the Dalaguete Junction and he kindly woke us up when we got there. :)
- Once you get off the bus there will be kids who will ask you if you need a guide. You can pay them how ever much you would like. Now you seriously don't really need a guide because they were no help at all to us..really... lol we could have done everything ourselves
- You will have to hire a habal habal (motorcycle) to take you to the peak. It will take another 20-30 minutes. You can arrange a whole day trip with the drivers and they will just tell you the price. Never accept it if its more than 400 per person.
- Once you get to the base of the peak you will have to register all your names there and it costs 20 pesos.
- There were a lot of people going up and going down.
- When we reached the top we took photos and such..
- You have a choice to continue to Kawasan Falls, but it would be another 6 hour trail so we just opted to be taken back.
On the way to the peak there were kids there selling some water.
A little side trip we had. We were taken to some spring, but it was so crowded we didnt want to swim anymore. We saw this abandoned like castle on the side of the beach that was pretty cool though.
Grubbin' cause we were tired and super hungry.